If you are looking for the best way to preserve your bible for years, a bible cover is a must-have. There are many kinds of materials you can choose from, however; real leather bible covers are known to be the best. They are stylish, practical, and most importantly, no other type of material beats the longevity of genuine leather. A bible cover adds strength to your bible and, it also shows your devotion to it.
By now you are probably aware of the different types of leather fabric. But, to reduce the confusion between price and the type of leather, you need to understand the material.
Here is a brief rundown of what types of leather you might encounter on a leather bible cover: Genuine Leather, PU leather, and Faux leather.
Real Leather Bible Cover
This fabric is considered premium on the market because is durable. Real leather comes from an animal hide and it is a little bit pricey. So, if you choose this fabric for your bible cover congratulations!. For sure it ensures many years of protection. Real leather can last you more than 20 years if properly maintained.
To ensure you keep the cover shiny you need to polish it from time to time. Real leather needs a leather conditioner to keep it nice and shine.
PU Leather Bible Cover (Synthetic)
This type of leather is created using polyurethane which is a plastic that looks like real leather and the quality can fool your senses. In fact, the final product is a material that closely imitates 100% Real leather and is also remarkably durable.
- Both have almost the same feel and appearance.
- It is cheaper than real leather because it is not made from animals in any way.
- Many people chose it because you can get it in a variety of colors and it is easier to clean. You can do so by just wiping it down with water.
- PU leather doesn’t last as genuine leather and, the cheapest one can have a strong plastic or chemical smell to it that genuine leather will not have.
Faux Leather Bible Cover
Faux leather is created with a type of fabric that contains an imitation leather finish. Therefore, it often looks very similar to real leather. Some may feel disappointed by the strong smell. You also need to know, the laminated surface does not last much. However, for the price at least you can use it for a few years in a variety of styles.
Now, which one is better? PU leather or Faux leather? In both cases, it will depend on the quality of the material, the manufacturing process, and the attention to detail.
With the above details covered, let’s take a look at some of the best covers the market has to offer.
Top Real Leather Bible Covers & Best Alternatives
1. True Genuine Leather Bible Cover – Adjustable with Wrap
If what you are looking for is the best of a Premium leather bible cover made in the US. Here you have it. The leather and stitching are top quality. I also like the idea of choosing from three different colors: Rustic brown, expresso, and Rugged Folklore. Moreover, it is available in small, medium XL, and XXL.
So, If you own a standard bible size 6.25in wide X 9.25in tall x 1.25in thick, the XL cover would be the best choice although it will have some extra room at the top.
The interior of the cover has a pocket for the front cover and a thick strap for the back cover to secure the Bible so that it does not slide around inside the cover. It also features a pen holder and the best part is the company stands behind its product with a lifetime warranty. With it, you can even opt for a customized size for an additional $10 cost.
- Top-notch 100% real leather.
- Superior materials inside and out.
- Beautiful classic design
- Variety of colors available
- A bit pricey
2. 3D Natural Genuine Leather Bible Cover
With plenty of reviews like “Everything and more of what I expected”, “the cover is more beautiful than the picture”. You can easily determine; the 3D Natural leather bible cover is a piece of work art, a premium cover to honor the word of God. It is in fact, one of the best real leather bibles covers for men from this list. Of course, if you can afford it.
It features a very high-class design and can accommodate any standard bible size. The actual dimension is 7 3/4″ x 2″ x 10 1/4″ so take the proper measurement of the bible you own to ensure it fits or zips completely.
- 100% Premium Leather
- High resiliency
- Compaq Western Style
- Gorgeous Design
- Unique details like the hair inlay
- Does not have extra pockets or a pen holder however, there is some room inside for various items.
- It is pricey but completely worth the investment for those who are going to study the bible often.
3. Vintage Crafts Goat Leather Bible Cover Book
This cover will appeal to anyone who loves the feel of real leather. This cover from a vintage craft leather company is also a very nice-looking option to protect a bible. I found it a very good price for the item, it fits most standard size bibles and you can carry some extra personal items.
It can be used by guys and gals, boys and girls alike. In terms of quality, the leather is curious, few find the item of good quality and strong stitching. But for some others the smell is unpleasant. Other than that, it is a real leather cover and many customers find it suitable for your daily or Sunday bible class. As it is genuine leather, just remember to take care of it with the usual cleaning and preserving products.
- Good rating in customer satisfaction
- Practical and lightweight
- Genuine thick goat leather
- Antique appearance
- Two brown colors are available
- Only one size is available
4. Genuine Leather Bible Cover with Handle
This one is also one of my favorites because of the beautiful navy blue and classic design. The handles will make the carry stylish and easier just like a nice purse.
This bible cover is very well-made. Indeed, it looks and feels very professional and you don’t need to worry about a bad plastic smell. You will enjoy the affordable price of less than $35 dollars. In term of the size, is large enough to fit most standard Bible sizes. So, it can accommodate a large Bible around 9” Tall x 6” wide x 1.25 thick inches or smaller.
You can also choose from three different sizes: Thinline(9 x 6 x 1.25 inches or smaller.), large(9.25 x 6.5 x 1.75 inches or smaller.), large print(10.5 x 7.25 x 2.25 inches or smaller.)
- Beautiful and classic Design
- Strong and professional look
- Genuine leather with a navy blue finish
- May need a leather conditioner from time to time to keep the color nice and shiny.
5. B&F Embassy Zippered Real Leather Cover
If you love a bible cover made with real leather but that comes with extra storage space, then this is the best one for you. The B&F embassy Cover features a very soft and good-looking cover made of lambskin leather with nylon lining.
This cover possesses all the qualities for an ideal gift to any religious person. Therefore, more than a thousand enthusiastic customers have said they love the leather quality and the classic design. With it, your bible will be well protected for many years.
Even though the cover doesn’t look as fancy and modern as others from this list, it is very practical. It measures 10″ x 7″ x 2″ so it can hold most standard bible sizes.
But you will also love to hear that the cover is versatile with plenty of space and pockets. You can literally accommodate your bible, notes, pen, house keys, and maybe other belongings.
- Excellent rating online
- Practical with multiple convenient pockets for pens and study materials
- Genuine leather and Extremely soft
- Can be used by men and women
- The style doesn’t look as fancy as others.
6. 3D Belt cowboy and cross Real Leather Bible Cover
This is another gorgeous Leather cover from 3D Belt Company. This cover is made of real leather, very well-made for protecting your treasured Bible. I love all the details, the quality, and the thickness of the leather. Definitely worth the money if the price is not a concern.
- The bible comes with a colorful pattern. Floral design at the front and 3 crosses on the back
- Sturdy case with a classic western Look
- Strong and thick Real leather
- A stylish way to carry your bible to your next church service
- Some users suggest the quality of the zipper should improve.
7. Be Strong Lion Faux Leather
The Be strong Lion cover has an outstanding rating online, even though it is not genuine leather. Many customers, consider it very classy, and nice-looking. I personally love the lion print and the powerful verse printed,
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9. Which are deeply punched in for added style and easier reading. With this masculine design, any man or young boy will receive a lot of compliments using this cover.
Therefore, this gorgeous cover comes in two sizes, Extra-large, Large, and Medium. It features two handy pen holders on the inside. Overall, it seems to be very sturdy.
- Outstanding rating online
- Classy and nice-looking
- Masculine Design
- Affordable and Practical
- The zipper pull is a bit hard to get a hold of to zip it back up
8. All Things are Possible- Faux Leather Bible Cover
If you want an engraved cover bible, then this one will work for you great. Depending on your cover size, it can fit medium to extra-large bible sizes. The leather is dyed turquoise and grey with the words from Matthew 19:26 engraved on it.
Even though is not Genuine real leather, it is very durable and comes with a handle at the edge that makes it easy for you to carry it. It also has a secure zipper that ensures your bible will not fall out as you are carrying it around.
If you love custom covers for your bible, then you know you cannot go wrong with this engraved version. It is a strong cover that will keep your bible protected for days to come. You can click below if you would like to get yourself one.
- Easy to use and attractive design
- Strong and sturdy material
- Pen holder, and extra pocket on the back
- Do not seem to be as durable as other options.
9. Fashion Bible Cover Pink Faux Leather
If you are looking for a sturdy and fashionable cover, then look no more. With this cover, you can be sure that not only will your bible stay protected; it will also look classy as well. The cover is made of the best quality faux leather materials and embroidered to look like a classy lady’s bag. With it comes a handle that makes it easier for you to carry around.
Since it comes in medium to large size, you do not have to worry about it not fitting your bible. It also has a slip note compartment where you can place your sticky notes or any bookmarks you think you might need. The whole bag speaks of elegance and durability. Check it out on this link, as they have so many options for you.
- Fashion design with star pattern stitches at the front and back of the cover.
- Beautiful and vibrant colors that represent the joyful life with God
- Very Functional and Practical
- Good Price
- Not true to its color
- Some customers find the zipper does not last
10. Floral Synthetic Leather Pattern
If you love nature and floral panthers, then this cover can tickle your fancy style. One of the things you will notice when it comes to this cover is the multiple compartments it comes with. You can carry your pens, highlighters, and bookmarks without a hassle.
You get to choose the flowers and colors you would want on the cover. It ensures that you have something you love carrying around and will most definitely use. However the cover is ideal for standard bible sizes, less than 9.5*2.5*6.7’’.
Here is the amazon link for this synthetic leather cover if you want to see if the cover is for you.
- Outstanding Rating from customer Online
- Attractive and Vibrant color
- Handles are sturdy and well-stitched
- Include stickers for easier reading and quick reference
- Synthetic material is not as durable as real leather
Leather Bible covers are timeless symbols of sophistication and care for one’s Bible. It protects your Bible and other essentials from wear and tear, dirt, and messes.
Getting the right bible case is not something that people put much thought into. The case you get will determine whether or not your bible will last you long.
Before you settle on a cover, take your time and do some research. Settle on a cover that not only looks good but one that will serve you for days to come. The leather covers above are bound to deliver on service so ensure you check them out.
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. – Colossians 3:23-24
- How to clean a Leather Bible Cover
You can either use a leather-cleaning product or a mixed solution of warm water and dish soap.
If you choose to get a leather cleaner or conditioner, various colors are available, pick a neutral color and test the solution on a small patch before applying it to the whole cover.
Never use a bleach-based cleaner or ammonia it will damage the leather.
2. How long does a leather Bible Cover last
Quality leather bible covers are remarkably durable that can last from 10 to 20 years. However, the manufacturing process also plays an important role in its duration.
3. How to know if my bible cover is real leather
The biggest difference between real and synthetic is the price. You can feel the softness and flexibility. The smell is a good indicator of real leather. The product description will also state what kind of materials were used in its construction.